NB, this blog post was intended to be published back in November last year, but got forgotten in draft stage. Publishing now in case anyone missed the release…
I am happy to announce a new release of libosinfo, version 1.0.0 is now available, signed with key DAF3 A6FD B26B 6291 2D0E 8E3F BE86 EBB4 1510 4FDF (4096R). All historical releases are available from the project download page.
Changes in this release include:
- Update loader to follow new layout for external database
- Move all database files into separate osinfo-db package
- Move osinfo-db-validate into osinfo-db-tools package
As promised, this release of libosinfo has completed the separation of the library code from the database files. There are now three independently released artefacts:
- libosinfo – provides the libosinfo shared library and most associated command line tools
- osinfo-db – contains only the database XML files and RNG schema, no code at all.
- osinfo-db-tools – a set of command line tools for managing deployment of osinfo-db archives for vendors & users.
Before installing the 1.0.0 release of libosinfo it is necessary to install osinfo-db-tools, followed by osinfo-db. The download page has instructions for how to deploy the three components. In particular note that ‘osinfo-db’ does NOT contain any traditional build system, as the only files it contains are XML database files. So instead of unpacking the osinfo-db archive, use the osinfo-db-import tool to deploy it.
Source From: fedoraplanet.org.
Original article title: Daniel Berrange: ANNOUNCE: libosinfo 1.0.0 release.
This full article can be read at: Daniel Berrange: ANNOUNCE: libosinfo 1.0.0 release.