I’ve been working on making a portfolio of what I did for the Fedora Regional Hubs project. Did you know I did a _lot_ of stuff?
I mean, I was definitely busy getting things done throughout. I knew this. Summarizing what I did in a way that someone else can follow is surprisingly complicated. There’s a lot of information scattered around my email, pagure tickets, throughout this blog, and on my latop.
I’m really glad that I was blogging the whole time, because it makes it a lot easier to reconstruct what I did. But boy. This is very time-consuming!
I am glad that I decided to try starting with a presentation outline: while the presentation isn’t done, it’s started, and it helped give me focus for the summarizing I have been doing.
I’m also glad that I am able to ask Alex Feinman for feedback, as it has been very helpful to be able to talk to him about it. And that I could ask a million questions of Mo both during and after the internship.
Even just the high level outline I wrote last night in a fit of comprehension looks like a lot:
- Fedora Hubs
- Contextual interviews
- Processing raw data (transcribe, summarize, top 5 pains, problems, workflows)
- Brainstorming with others (whiteboards, notes on brainstorming session, sketches to start with)
- Affinity mapping
- Deep dive/brainstorm on top questions (don’t forget survey!)
- General sketches & wireframes & tickets (invitation page, login, etc) — after general brainstorming session
- Specific sketches & initial wireframes & tickets (search/filter pages for people, events, Hubs. Notifications/widgets)
- Find holes, enter tickets.
- Additional discussion as needed/follow-ups in weekly meetings/blog posts
Feedback and iteration
- Feedback from Mo on wireframes, discuss, adjust
- Feedback from sayan on feasibility
- From participants?
- Prepare for usability sessions.
- Prototypes need connections among themselves.
- Identify tasks
- Prioritize tasks
- Identify and contact participants (who, why?)
- Usability script
- Usability sessions
- Transcription, summary, highlight important
- Discuss with Mo
Source From: fedoraplanet.org.
Original article title: Suzanne Hillman (Outreachy): Working on the portfolio.
This full article can be read at: Suzanne Hillman (Outreachy): Working on the portfolio.