Last 2017 year, I had the eventful year in favor of the Free Software.
Thanks to the Fedora Project, GNOME, BacktrackAcademy and the Linux Foundation, I was able to organize FLOSS events mostly in Lima, Peru. Besides that, I did a voluntary work as speaker in FLOSS workshops and IT conference in other parts of the world, being interviewed to reach more newcomers into the challenging Linux world, and do online training. Now I present a list that includes my FLOSS activities chronologically:
- To start with January 6th, I was in charge of the installation of Fedora in USIL.
- On January 30th, I did a talk for SETEIS, a conference held in UNTELS.
- On February 25th, we were invited by the GDG Group of CUSCO
- On February 11st, a workshop of Python with GTK was held at PUCP
- On March 4th, the biggest summer event I did ever: LINUX PLAYA!
- On March 8th (International Day of Women) I was interviewed by DevAcademy
- Throughout March Applying to GSoC: First session and a brief of the rest sessions.
- On March 31st, Install Fest. For freshman of National University of Engineering
- On April 4th, an online Linux basic administration training on Fedora was released
- On April 22nd, Fedora workshop basic administration was presented at FLISOL
- On May, 1st, the GNOME Release Party 3.24.1 in Lima, Town.
- On May, 7th, we started the GNOME Peru Challenge in Lima, Perú.
- On June 24th, Fedora and GNOME presented by LinuXatUNI at UPN in an IT forum.
- On July 11st, the scientific group CDF Open Source asked for Fedora at PUCP
- On July 14th, we did a Linux workshop for the Marine of Peru
- On July 16th, we celebrated the GNOME Peru Challenge closed event.
- On July 30th, in Manchester UK I did a talk of reaching newcomers in Peru
- On August 20th, Fedora workshop was held at CONECIT 2017 at Tingo Maria, Peru
- On August 26th, it was celebrated the GNOME 20th Party in Lima, Perú.
- On September 26th, a workshop of Fedora 26 was held at PUCP for INFOSOFT.
- On October 2nd, the Fedora Women Day was held at PUCP
- On October 25th, I did a workshop of GTK on Fedora at UNAC.
- On November 5th, I went to Portland, US to do a workshop of GTK on Fedora
- On November 11st, I organized a placement exam to participate in a new initiative
- We had six workshops to introduce students to the GSoC program called
- Our last meeting 2017 to integrate our little community LinuXatUNI in Christmas
What are my Linux Resolutions for 2018??… Make a guess!!! … well, it is to continue with the FLOSS World everywhere
Source From: fedoraplanet.org.
Original article title: Julita Inca Chiroque: 2017: My FLOSS Year in Review.
This full article can be read at: Julita Inca Chiroque: 2017: My FLOSS Year in Review.