A new HomeKit-enabled version of the Arlo Baby camera will be released soon, and a firmware update will automatically add HomeKit support to existing models at no additional cost to customers.
HomeKit support will enable iPhone, iPad, and Apple Watch users to access the majority of Arlo Baby’s features for smart monitoring of your baby in Apple’s Home app on iOS 10 and watchOS 3 or newer software versions.
NETGEAR shared a list of some of the Arlo Baby’s functions that can be controlled with the Home app or Siri voice commands:
- Live video stream viewing of your baby via the Arlo Baby camera feed
- Two-way audio for talking, cooing and listening to your baby and other people near the camera
- Quick view of the most recent screenshot recorded by Arlo Baby when the camera was last activated
- Voice control by asking Siri to show you your camera’s live stream
- Remotely access the camera’s live video/audio feed and two-way communication when you have an iPad or fourth generation or newer Apple TV in your home.
Many of these functions previously required downloading NETGEAR’s Arlo companion app, which will remain available on the App Store.
Arlo Baby features 1080p video recording with a rolling seven days of free cloud recordings, infrared night vision capabilities, two-way audio, ambient air quality sensors, a music-and-sound player, and a dimmable night light.
The camera sends real-time, customizable alerts to your Apple devices when motion or sound is detected, including your baby crying. It is primarily intended to be plugged into an AC wall adapter, but it also has a built-in rechargeable backup battery that lasts up to six hours in the daytime and up to three hours at night.
Arlo Baby can be personalized into animals like a bunny, kitten, or puppy with add-on character sets. The camera is available to purchase on Amazon and at major retailers for a suggested price of $249.99 in the United States, but it may take some time for the HomeKit firmware update to roll out.
Discuss this article in our forums
Source From: macrumors.com.
Original article title: CES 2018: NETGEAR’s Arlo Baby Monitoring Camera Now Supports HomeKit.
This full article can be read at: CES 2018: NETGEAR’s Arlo Baby Monitoring Camera Now Supports HomeKit.