Here’s your report of what has happened in Fedora Program Management this week. The Fedora 29 Beta was declared No-Go and will move to the alternate target date of 25 September. Also, the Respins SIG announced an updated set of live ISOs for Fedora 28.
I’ve set up weekly office hours in #fedora-meeting. Drop by if you have any questions or comments about the schedule, Changes, elections or anything else.
- Blocker review meeting: 1600 UTC on Monday in in #fedora-blocker-review
- FPgM office hours: 1300 UTC on Wednesday in #fedora-meeting
- Council (Subproject Report: Fedora & CentOS CI): 1400 UTC on Wednesday on meet.jit.si
- Fedora 29 Beta Go/No Go: 1700 UTC on Thursday in #fedora-meeting-1
- Beta freeze is underway through September 18.
- Beta release date is now targeted at 25 September. The GA date remains unchanged.
Fedora 29 Status
The numbers below reflect the current state of Bugzilla tracking bugs.
Deferred to Fedora 30
- Make BootLoaderSpec-style configuration files the default
- uEFI for ARMv7
- Make dbus-broker the default DBus implementation
Fedora 30 Changes
Fedora 30 includes a Change that will cause ambiguous python shebangs to error. A list of failing builds is available on Taskotron.
- Mass Python2 package removal
- Make ambiguous python shebangs error
- No more automagic Python bytecompilation (phase 2)
- Remove glibc-all-langpacks from buildroot
- Remove the Group: Tag From All Packages
- FreeIPA Python 2 removal