On Setember 22, 2018 we celebrated the Fedora Women’s Day in Lima, Perú at PUCP (Pontifical Catholic University of Peru). The Fedora Women’s Day event seeks to integrate women in the world of Free Software. This year, I had the opportunity to be one of the organizers.
<figure class=”wp-block-image”><figcaption>Promotional poster design</figcaption></figure>
- What is Free Software? by Giohanny Falla
- She talked about introduction to Free Software and also made the invitation to the GSoC and the Outreachy.
- Women to Power by Solanch Ccasa
- She talked about success stories and the inclusion of women in technology.
- Fedora Love Python by Lizbeth Lucar
- She talked about the use and importance of using Python, and they made mini challenges about Python exercises.
- Design for Enterpreneurs by Sheyla Breña
- She told us about her experiences as a business designer.
- <figure><figcaption>Giohanny Falla introduces Free Software to attendees</figcaption></figure>
- <figure><figcaption>Attendees create Fedora accounts during the event. Organizers invited attendees to contribute through whatcanidoforfedora.org.</figcaption></figure>
- <figure><figcaption>Fedora Loves Python session by Lizbeth Lucar. She talked about use and importance of Python. Attendees completed miniretos about Python exercises.</figcaption></figure>
Wrapping up FWD in Lima, Peru
We finished the talks with “Design for Entrepreneurs“. For the workshop, all attendees tried out Inkscape and Gimp in Fedora. Finally, we took a snack and coffee break.
- <figure><figcaption>Coffee and snack break!</figcaption></figure>
- <figure><figcaption>Fedora stickers and swag shared with attendees</figcaption></figure>
We ended with questions, answers, and group photos.
Source From: fedoraplanet.org.
Original article title: Fedora Community Blog: Fedora Women’s Day 2018 – Lima, Peru.
This full article can be read at: Fedora Community Blog: Fedora Women’s Day 2018 – Lima, Peru.