Apple will be releasing iOS 12.1.1 today, likely around 10:00 a.m. Pacific Time as usual, with several new features and bug fixes, including eSIM support for additional carriers on the latest iPhones, Live Photos support in FaceTime, Haptic Touch for notifications on iPhone XR, a Face ID bug fix, and more.
iOS 12.1.1 release notes:
iOS 12.1.1 adds features and fixes bugs for your iPhone and iPad. Features and improvements include:
– Notification preview using haptic touch on iPhone XR
– Dual SIM with eSIM for additional carriers on iPhone XR, iPhone XS, and iPhone XS Max
– One tap to flip between the rear and front-facing camera during a FaceTime call
– Live Photo capture during one-to-one FaceTime calls
– The option to hide the sidebar in News on iPad in landscape orientation
– Real-time text (RTT) when using Wi-Fi calling on iPad and iPod touch
– Stability improvements for dictation along with VoiceOver
Bug fixes include:
– Fixes an issue where Face ID may temporarily become unavailable
– Addresses an issue that prevented visual voicemail from downloading for some customers
– Fixes an issue in Messages that could prevent predictive text suggestions when typing on the Chinese or Japanese keyboards
– Addresses an issue that could prevent Voice Memos recordings from uploading to iCloud
– Fixes an issue where time zones may not have updated automatically
This release also adds features and fixes bugs for HomePod including:
– Support in Mainland China and Hong Kong
– HomePod LEDs illuminate during Group FaceTime calls
For information on the security content of this update, please visit this website: https://support.apple.com/kb/HT201222
iOS 12.1.1 will be the minimum required iOS version for viewing ECG-related data in the Health app on iPhone from the ECG app on the Apple Watch Series 4, but we’ll have to wait on the release of watchOS 5.1.2 for that.
Discuss this article in our forums
Source From: macrumors.com.
Original article title: iOS 12.1.1 Coming Today With Expanded eSIM Support, FaceTime Live Photos, Face ID Bug Fix, and More.
This full article can be read at: iOS 12.1.1 Coming Today With Expanded eSIM Support, FaceTime Live Photos, Face ID Bug Fix, and More.