Here’s your report of what has happened in Fedora Program Management this week.
I’ve set up weekly office hours in #fedora-meeting-1. Drop by if you have any questions or comments about the schedule, Changes, elections, or anything else.
- Backwards-incompatible changes are planned for Bodhi 4.0.
- UTAGE: Koji system 2019-01-11 through 2019-01-14: During this time the s390 builders will not be available and all builds will be queued up until they are available and will not complete.
Upcoming meetings & test days
- Kernel 4.20 test day — Tuesday in #fedora-test-day
- FPgM office hours — 1400 UTC on Wednesday in #fedora-meeting-1
- Council (D&I/FESCo/Mindshare report) — 1500 UTC on Wednesday in #fedora-meeting-1
Fedora 30 Status
Fedora 30 Change Proposal deadlines are approaching
- Change proposals for Self-Contained Changes are due 2019-01-29.
Fedora 30 includes a Change that will cause ambiguous python shebangs to error. A list of failing builds is available on Taskotron.
Fedora 30 includes a Change that will remove glibc langpacks from the buildroot. See the devel mailing list for more information and impacted packages.
- Flicker Free Boot
- Golang 1.12
- uEFI for ARMv7
- Switch cryptsetup default metadata format to LUKS2
- GNOME 3.32
- DNF UUID
- Avoid Fedora-specific build flags in non-RPM Python extensions
- Reset locale if not available
- Replace Comps Language Group With Langpacks
Submitted to FESCo
Approved by FESCo
- Remove Obsolete Scriptlets
- Python-progressbar2 as default
- Migrate Python-based Nautilus extensions to Python 3
- Deprecate Sonatype OSS Parent
- Deprecate Apache Maven 2.x
- Deprecate Apache Jakarta ORO and Regexp
- Deprecate Apache Jakarta Commons HttpClient
- Deprecate Apache Avalon
- Deepin DE