Here’s your report of what has happened in Fedora Program Management this week.
I’ve set up weekly office hours in #fedora-meeting-1. Drop by if you have any questions or comments about the schedule, Changes, elections, or anything else.
- Backwards-incompatible changes are planned for Bodhi 4.0.
- Fedora Legal has determined the Server Side Public License v1 (SSPL) is not suitable for use in Fedora. It is added to the Bad Licenses list.
- Recent updates to packaging guidelines
Fedora 30 Status
Fedora 30 Change Proposal deadlines are approaching
- Change proposals for Self-Contained Changes are due 2019-01-29.
Fedora 30 includes a Change that will cause ambiguous python shebangs to error. A list of failing builds is available on Taskotron.
Fedora 30 includes a Change that will remove glibc langpacks from the buildroot. See the devel mailing list for more information and impacted packages.
- Flicker Free Boot
- Golang 1.12
- uEFI for ARMv7
- Switch cryptsetup default metadata format to LUKS2
- libcrypt.so.1 (compatibility library for POSIX): Let encrypt, encrypt_r, setkey, setkey_r, and fcrypt return ENOSYS instead of performing any real operation
Submitted to FESCo
- krb5 crypto modernization
- GNOME 3.32
- Avoid Fedora-specific build flags in non-RPM Python extensions
- DNF Better Counting
- Reset locale if not available
- Replace Comps Language Group With Langpacks
Approved by FESCo